Somehow I ended up with a one-way ticket to Bangkok (BKK). This is the story of my way home, or at least to Barcelona (BCN). Having now arrived in Barcelona, my future remains unclear.
Wednesday, January 17, 2007
Holy Crap!
In my next life, I think I want to be a circus performer. I was convinced by my recent visit to the Beijing International Art School, where I got to spend the afternoon watching a bunch of Russian 11 and 12 year-olds practicing tumbling and zaji, what the Chinese call everything circus-like. I could talk about how amazing they were, or the incredible focus they displayed, but what really made it special was how much fun they were having. I mean, for these kids nailing that standing back-flip is like their equivalent of recess. Despite the fact their teacher is swatting at them with a wooden rod, they still manage to keep this mischievous grin, as if it's all part of some big game where only they know the rules. I got some really sweet videos, but I imagine not everyone will be able to see them, so there're a couple fotos too. (The little guy on the bottom has been training on a bum knee for a few weeks now.) Little man getting his foot folded over, looks painful.
No comments:
Post a Comment