Friday, July 21, 2006

Geeky Stuff


I couldn't help but post a few pictures of things that stimulated the geek centers in my brain. For example, the two-story house shown on the left here is entirely built without nails, in the traditional Thai style. The engineer is very impressed. Apparently everything is just made with dove-tail type construction and these pins shown here to keep the pieces together.

The second one is a picture of what I'm guessing is an accelerometer on Angkor Wat, where an engineering firm is tracking vibrations in the structure to monitor delicate areas that might need restoration. I'm such a dork. The last one is my favorite, mostly because the boys dragging this beast were so good-humored about it. The fellow on the right is not sticking is tongue out from exhaustion. I also added a link on the right that should show a Google Satellite map of the nearest town to where I am.

1 comment:

Smita said...

Hi Tavi,
Shiru and I met Paul and Anuncia last weekend and it was great to see them. They showed us your blog and I am having a lot of fun reading it. It looks like you are having a great time! Keep us posted:)
-Smita